Music, The Mayor & A Marvelous Launch Event!
Candlelight Nights 2012 is in full swing and each week adds something more magical to Bournemouth Lower Gardens.
The Bournemouth Tourism event attracts all ages to enjoy a selection of entertainment…..
* Traditional candle lighting at dusk, free tapers are handed out at 8pm!
* The Heritage Zone: poet Steve Biddle and guests present the 116 year history of the wonderful event
* The Music Zone: each week welcomes Samba Panashe, a community choir and a rock & roll band
* The Kids Zone: non-stop fun for the little ones with Dr Balloonman, Poppies Art Workshops and Diamond Face Painting and the chance for parents to win 12 months of heating bills paid for with Save Energy Group!
* The Fire Zone: spectacular performances by Simon ‘Fire’ Chainey.
You will also bump into Boscombe Bob, Lenny The Lobster, Splashdown’s Lewey The Lemur and twinkly fairies from FP Productions.
The event is free and everyone is welcome. Strawberry Lantern Events CIC proudly organise Candlelight Nights on behalf of Bournemouth Tourism adding to the town’s busy calendar.
6pm til 10pm
Weds 1st, Weds 8th, Weds 15th & Weds 22nd August 2012.
Don’t forget folks……reduce traffic and save parking by traveling with Yellow Buses.
2012 Brilliant Sponsors:
Bournemouth Airport / absolutemusic / Yellow Buses / Save Energy Group / Splashdown Waterparks / S&D Leisure / The Trouville Hotel / ECS Communications.
Here are the photos from the launch event where the Worshipful Mayor Of Bournemouth and Director of Bournemouth Tourism opened this year’s run of events:
Photos: SPENCER FURLEY.